Once again, spoilers lurk beyond this point, especially in the
story-specific sections. You've been warned.
On 'Needing, Wanting'
- For dinner tonight, our chef Kana recommends:
- Miso soup a broth made from soybean paste and clear stock,
with tofu (bean curd) and wakame (seaweed).
- Tori no kara age deep-fried chicken, marinated in soy
sauce, ginger and mirin (a sweet rice wine used in cooking), amongst
- Maki-zushi sushi rice, flavoured with vinegar, wrapped
in a sheet of nori (seaweed) around various fillings. Tonight, the Todos
are having tekka maki tuna rolls.
- Vegetable tempura sliced vegetables deep-fried in a light,
- itadakimasu: a phrase traditionally said at the start of a meal,
meaning 'I gratefully receive'.
return to top